Ludovika – University of Public Service is looking forward to welcoming our foreign and guest students at the Ludovika Campus to start or to continue their studies. However, the present pandemic situation requires special attention and special measures to be followed in accordance with the changing situation and with the rules and regulations introduced by the Government of Hungary in this regard.
Ludovika – University of Public Service intends to conduct its regular education activities in the upcoming 1st Semester of the Academic Year 2020/2021 with physical presence of the students. However, if the evolvement of the pandemic situation may require, our University is prepared to commence online digital education for all students of the various study programmes and courses, with the notion that regular education activities shall be revived as soon as the situation will allow.
In order to guarantee the safest environment to our students and staff, in addition to the general restrictions and regulations introduced by the Government of Hungary regarding the pandemic situation, our University will request each guest student and visitors to take a COVID-19 test before being authorised to enter our campus. Information shall be announced in due course about all the details regarding where and how to take this test.
The current situation of the pandemic in Hungary can be followed on this link: here
All students are kindly requested to inform the University in due course and well ahead of their planned travel to Hungary: 10 days prior to their intended arrival at the latest.
It is also necessary to inform the University in due course if dormitory accommodation is required, therefore, please let us know the date of arrival and the flight details in time.
Note, that if compulsory quarantine is required, it cannot be spent in the dormitory, therefore, those involved must stay in the temporary accommodation provided by the University for quarantine** or stay at the quarantine designated by the epidemiological authority.
* * *
All students and visitors, who are planning to travel to Hungary are kindly requested to check duly the actual regulations regarding the travel requirements and the rules of entry to Hungary as they are changing rapidly with the development of the pandemic situation.
On 12 July 2020, the Government of Hungary announced new regulations taking affect from 15 July 2020 introducing travel restrictions and measures on entry regulations to Hungary.
Based on their current level of infection, countries are classified into three groups being green (low infection level), yellow (less serious infection level) and red (severe infection level); the list of countries marked yellow and red shall be published in a decision of the Chief Medical Officer of Hungary. Countries not marked in the above decision shall belong to the green category. Annex: 38th issue of the Official Gazette of the Government of Hungary. This classification will be revised on a weekly basis.
The following map shows the present classification of the European countries while further information is available at this link: https://konzuliszolgalat.kormany.hu/information-on-hungarian-entry-requirements-due-to-covid-19-situation
Border crossing regulations for Hungarian citizens
- Hungarian citizens and their family members not bearing Hungarian citizenship (hereinafter: Hungarian citizens) arriving in passenger traffic from a country marked green can enter Hungary without restrictions.
- Hungarian citizens arriving from the territory of a country marked yellow or red shall undergo a compulsory medical check.
In the case of a Hungarian citizen, should a medical check reveal the suspicion of infection, the person concerned would be accommodated in a quarantine designated by the epidemiological authority or – should it not pose an epidemiological risk – in mandatory home quarantine.
In the case of a Hungarian citizen, should a medical check not reveal the suspicion of infection and if the person has a home address or residence in Hungary, (s)he will be placed into mandatory home quarantine for 14 days, while in the absence of a home address or residence in Hungary, in a quarantine designated by the epidemiological authority.
Persons entitled to the same rights as Hungarian citizens are:
• family members of a Hungarian citizen
• persons entitled to permanent residence in Hungary and their family members (such a right must be certified by a document)
• persons holding a valid residence permit (including study purpose) issued by the Authority of the DG for Aliens Policing allowing for the residence in Hungary for a duration exceeding 90 days and presents this document upon entry (“D” type visa is equivalent)
Border crossing of persons not holding a Hungarian citizenship
- Foreign citizens arriving from abroad from a country marked green can enter without being subject to restrictions. Should persons residing in Hungary detect signs of infection within 14 days following their entry, they would be forbidden to leave their place of residence and would be obliged to contact the epidemiological authority out of turn.
- Foreign citizens arriving from abroad from a country marked yellow shall undergo a medical check upon entry. Those suspected infected in the course of the medical check cannot be allowed to enter Hungary. Those not suspected infected in the course of the medical check will be placed in a 14 days quarantine designated by the epidemiological authority or in a mandatory home quarantine.
- Foreign citizens arriving to Hungary in passenger traffic from abroad, from a country marked red, cannot enter Hungary.
No epidemiological monitoring is needed if the person proves with a document issued in English or Hungarian that within 5 days prior to reporting to entry, (s)he has undergone a molecular biological test (SARS-CoV-2 test) that meets healthcare professional criteria and was conducted on two occasions in an interval exceeding 48 hours, and such tests did not reveal SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in his/her body. Persons placed in designated quarantine or mandatory home quarantine will be registered by the epidemiological authority. The police has no powers to give exemptions from mandatory home quarantine or quarantine ordered; it can only be granted by the competent epidemiological authority issuing the decision.
According to the regulations, there are restricted exemptions from the above rules regarding the right to entry to Hungary. Decisions on these exemptions will be made by the competent police authority upon the request of the applicant. At the Liszt Ferenc Budapest International Airport, the competent police authority is the 18th District Police Headquarters.
Upon Government Decree No. 341/2020 (VII. 12.), Point 7 § (2) d) the competent police authority may allow the entry of a person, who is legally a student of a Hungarian educational institution, if the said institution certifies his/her status and the study obligations.
The Competent Hungarian police department shall grant the permission to enter Hungary only upon electronically submitted request on the following site: Electronic Administration Portal. The electronic form is available at the following link: http://www.police.hu/ugyintezes-dokumentumok/hu!ugyintezes!elektronikus-ugyintezes!meltanyossagi-kerelem-magyarorszagra-torteno-beutazashoz-2
Quarantine regulations and the compulsory health check still apply for those acquiring the special entry permission. Costs of the health check and tests as well as the quarantine will be covered only by the person involved.